Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 16 January 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 near midnight and to light early Monday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 15 late Monday morning and to northeast 20 to 30 early Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 30 to 40 Monday evening.
Snow Monday afternoon and evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 10. High Monday minus 4.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N 6015W
to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4831N 6307W to 4845N 6130W to 5011N
5835W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice south
then west then northeast of the ice edge.
7 tenths ice including 3 tenths grey ice except 9 plus tenths grey
ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice along the southern shore.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 7:56 PM EST 16 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 16 January 2022 Tonight and Monday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over eastern Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today intensifying low 998 mb located over Cape
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday low 982 mb located over southeastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: