Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 AM EST 23 January 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late this afternoon then becoming northwest 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Friday morning.
Snow ending early this morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures minus 2 falling to minus 9 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5000N 5820W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including a trace of grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey ice including 2 tenths brash ice along the southern
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 03:00 AM EST 23 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located from Ungava Bay to Maine.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Friday departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today high 1025 mb located over northern Manitoba.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday high 1036 mb located over the Gaspe
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: