Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 AM EST 18 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 15 to 25 knots except west 45 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind becoming west 10 to 15 this morning except west 25 near the mouth of the Saguenay River. Wind diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to east 10 to 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 15 to 25 overnight. Wind northeast 15 to 25 Sunday.
Periods of snow overnight and Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 19 rising to minus 11 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4610N 6000W to 4700N
6000W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
5 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth of grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 03:00 AM EST 18 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 18 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1008 mb located southwest of the
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday dissipating low 1002 mb located south
At 1:00 a.m. EST Sunday low 1006 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 994 mb located near Cape Breton Island.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: