Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EST 29 January 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 10 to 20 early this morning then increasing to northeast 20 to 30 near noon. Wind becoming northeast 25 to 35 late this afternoon then becoming northwest 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind westerly 15 to 25 Sunday.
Snow tonight and Sunday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 17 rising to minus 12 Sunday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4332N 6520W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4818N 6122W to 4933N 5905W to 4725N 5945W to
Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice northwest then northeast of
the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice in the eastern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 04:01 AM EST 29 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 29 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located from Labrador to Lake Huron.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday dissipating ridge located from Ungava Bay
to Lake Ontario.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today intensifying low 992 mb located east of
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 959 mb located over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: