Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northeast 15 near noon then increasing to southwest 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind veering to northwest 20 to 30 after midnight then diminishing to west 15 near noon Wednesday.
Rain ending Wednesday morning. Fog patches dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5011N 6116W to 4929N 6045W to
Newfoundland near 5035N 5723W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 03:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today low 992 mb located north of Trois-Rivières.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday low 996 mb located over Labrador.
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: