Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 08:07 AM EST 01 March 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except southeast 45 near the south shore late this morning and southeast 35 near the south shore today and early this evening. Wind becoming west 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind west 30 to 40 Tuesday.
Snow becoming rain or snow near noon then snow this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray overnight and Tuesday.
High today plus 3. Low tonight minus 15. High Tuesday minus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 March 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4702N 6024W to 4801N 6117W
to 4801N 6258W to 4915N 6100W to 5003N 5814W to Newfoundland near
4833N 5912W. Sea ice southwest then north then east of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 08:07 AM EST 01 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 1 March 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over eastern Anticosti Island.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 986 mb located southeast of James Bay.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 964 mb located east of Anticosti
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: