Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 AM EST 05 February 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwesterly 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 early this evening then becoming light near midnight. Wind becoming northerly 10 to 15 Monday morning then becoming light Monday afternoon.
Flurries ending Monday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this evening.
Temperatures minus 19 rising to minus 7 this evening then falling to minus 12 Monday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4352N 6447W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
8 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice except 9 tenths grey ice
including 3 tenths grey-white ice along parts of the coast in the
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 10:54 AM EST 05 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1008 mb located near Lake Superior.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Monday dissipating low 1016 mb located near
At 7:00 a.m. EST Monday ridge located from Labrador to Lake Huron.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday ridge located from Labrador to Lake Ontario.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: