Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 20 January 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light early Thursday morning.
Temperatures near minus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6240W to Prince
Edward Island near 4600N 6240W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4625N 6310W
to 4715N 6405W to 4840N 6345W to 4845N 6150W to 5040N 5820W to
Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W. Sea ice west and north of the ice
Open water except 2 tenths grey ice along parts of the the northern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 20 January 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Ontario.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Gaspe Peninsula.
At 10:00 p.m. EST tonight low 988 mb located near Lake Superior.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday low 996 mb located northwest of Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: