West Scotian Slope - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 04 December 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind east 30 knots becoming west 30 early this morning then diminishing to northwest 20 early this evening. Wind veering to northerly 15 near midnight. Wind northerly 15 Tuesday.
Rain ending early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5003N 6644W to 4959N 6144W to
5001N 5952W to 5125N 5737W to Quebec near 5125N 5737W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 3 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5133N 5531W to 5245N 4900W to 5400N 4830W to 5830N 5630W to 6025N
5305W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5141N 5631W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5603W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 998 mb located over West Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday departing low 980 mb located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM AST 4 December 2023 A low pressure system over West Scotian Slope will traverse across
the southern marine district today and the Grand Banks tonight.
Strong to gale force easterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong
to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: