West Scotian Slope
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 17 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwesterly 25 knots diminishing to westerly 15 early this evening then increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers and fog banks ending this afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 16 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4535N 5330W to 4515N 4900W to 4700N 4750W to 4925N
4745W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6118W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the eastern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 988 mb located over Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 992 mb located west of Anticosti
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:08 AM ADT 17 May 2022 Gale force east to southeasterly winds will develop this afternoon
over some northern waters ahead of an intensifying low over Quebec.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: