Issued 08:00 PM ADT 06 June 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to north 20 Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending near noon Sunday with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog dissipating Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5311W to 4610N 4540W to 4920N 4345W to 5125N 4450W to 5500N
5030W to 5900N 5730W to 6130N 5630W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6036W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5827W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwestern ShoreIssued 8:00 PM ADT 06 June 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 6 June 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1002 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday weakening low 1003 mb located over Lurcher.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 1002 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 1002 mb located over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:46 PM ADT 6 June 2020 A broad low pressure system currently over the Gulf of Maine will
track south of Nova Scotia tonight into Sunday. Strong to gale force
southerlies are expected over the slope waters while strong to
possibly gale force northeasterlies are expected over the Gulf waters
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: