Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 September 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots veering to northeast 15 late this evening then diminishing to light near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5330N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 September 2023 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the southeastern
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing trough located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located over the western Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 6:00 P.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 43.7 north and 40.8 west, or about 550 nautical miles
east southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds
were estimated at 70 knots and the minimum central pressure was 977
MB. Nigel was moving northeast at 32 knots. Nigel will continue
accelerating northeastward tonight and Friday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: