Issued 08:00 PM ADT 06 October 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots becoming light late overnight then becoming southwest 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Showers this evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4952N 5540W to 5000N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 5845N 5545W to 6035N
5145W to 5840N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 6 October 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Sable Island to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday departing trough located on a line east-west
over the eastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday approaching trough located over New England.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: