Issued 10:00 AM ADT 01 October 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 20 to 25 early Sunday morning.
Showers overnight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 30 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5046N 5604W to 5030N 4830W to 5200N 4815W to 5615N 5000W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwestern ShoreIssued 10:00 AM ADT 01 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 1 October 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday dissipating ridge located over the eastern
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located south of Cape Cod.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located south of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:47 AM ADT 1 October 2022 A trough of low pressure south of Cape Cod will move slowly eastward
to stall south of the marine district later tonight and Sunday.
Strong northeasterlies will develop over southwestern waters tonight
and will increase to gale force on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: