Issued 03:30 PM NDT 30 March 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots late overnight then backing to east 20 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 30 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 Friday morning.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 30 March 2023
Saturday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind south 35 knots veering to west 25 to 35.
Monday Wind west 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday Open water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 30 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5525W to 4430N 5300W to 4340N 4910W to 4400N 4720W to 4800N
4410W to 5835N 5540W to 5910N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6058W to Newfoundland near 4840N 5829W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 30 March 2023 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over eastern Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line east-west over
Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching low 1006 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:27 PM NDT 30 March 2023 A low pressure system will pass southeast of the Grand Banks on
Friday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies will develop over
southeastern waters late in the day on Friday as the low passes.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Southeastern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: