Issued 03:00 AM NDT 07 July 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots becoming west 25 this morning then increasing to west 35 near noon. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 this evening and to west 10 to 15 overnight. Wind backing to south 10 to 15 near noon Friday.
Rain ending this afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms early this morning. Fog patches dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 July 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4729N 5246W to 4845N 5110W to 5300N 4830W to 5655N 5015W to 5750N
4640W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5834W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 03:00 AM NDT 07 July 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 7 July 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 997 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday low 999 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight approaching ridge located on a line
north-south over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:55 AM NDT 7 July 2022 A low pressure system over the Cabot Strait will continue to track
northeastward across Newfoundland today to lie east of Belle Isle
Bank tonight. Strong to gale force south to southwesterly winds will
develop over southern waters ahead of the low, and strong to gale
force west to northwesterly in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: