Issued 08:00 PM NDT 10 April 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to variable 15 near noon Sunday then increasing to northeast 25 Sunday evening.
Showers or flurries and fog patches Sunday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 10 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4544N 6242W to 4631N
6147W to 4643N 6336W to Quebec near 4845N 6410W. Sea ice west and
south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5005N 6146W to 4954N
6000W to 5107N 5741W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5732W. Sea ice east
and north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 10 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 11 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4735N 5243W to 4740N 5045W to 5140N 4835W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N
5830W to 6030N 5150W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 11 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5125N 5709W to Newfoundland near 5100N 5702W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 10 April 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 986 mb located southeast of the
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday departing low 993 mb located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 999 mb located east of Cape Breton
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:47 PM NDT 10 April 2021 A trough of low pressure extending from the Southeastern Grand Banks
to the Northeast Coast will strengthen into a low pressure system on
Sunday and lie east of Cape Breton Island Sunday evening. Strong to
gale force southeast to northeasterlies over eastern waters will
spread over Gulf waters by Sunday morning as the low strengthens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island Bank, and
Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: