Issued 08:00 PM NST 20 November 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 knots increasing to northeast 35 late overnight with gusts to 45 along the coast Thursday.
Rain overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5155N 5600W to 5130N 5415W to 5245N 5230W to 5530N 5400W to
6100N 5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 20 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 20 November 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing low 991 mb located east of Funk
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 996 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Thursday low 990 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM NST 20 November 2019 A low pressure system over Laurentian Fan will track northeastward to
approach the Grand Banks by Thursday evening. Strong to gale force
east to northeasterlies will develop over most of the district ahead
of this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast, Funk Island Bank, Northern
Grand Banks, and Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: