Issued 08:00 PM NST 03 December 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 knots except south 15 to 20 over eastern sections this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 35 Sunday morning and to southeast 35 to 45 Sunday afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 Sunday evening.
Rain Sunday. Fog patches forming Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 December 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 3 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5149N 5612W to 5130N 5500W to 5130N 5315W to 5230N 5245W to
5400N 5315W to 5815N 5545W to 6000N 5310W to 5745N 4700W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 03 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 3 December 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located over Quebec.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Sunday trough located over the Gulf of
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
northern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM NST 3 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over Quebec will move eastward to lie over
the Great Northern Peninsula by midnight Sunday night. Strong to gale
force south to southeasterlies will continue to develop over most
waters ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except East Coast, Funk Island Bank, and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: