Issued 10:00 AM NDT 02 July 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 25 knots this evening then backing to north 15 to 20 near noon Friday. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Periods of rain ending Friday morning. Fog dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:55 PM EDT 1 July 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5412W to 4615N 5335W to 4610N 5100W to 4640N 4455W to
Newfoundland near 4905N 4300W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5126N 5745W to Newfoundland near 5100N 5701W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 2 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southern Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Friday trough located over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM NDT 2 July 2020 A trough of low pressure over Newfoundland will cross the Grand Banks
tonight and Friday. Strong to gale force southwesterly winds are
expected over southern waters today and Friday ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: