Issued 03:00 AM NDT 14 April 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northeast 15 near noon except northeast 25 over eastern sections. Wind northeast 15 except northeast 25 over eastern sections Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 April 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4703N 6449W to
4720N 6412W to 4805N 6356W to Quebec near 4850N 6413W. Sea ice west
and south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5005N 6146W to 4954N
6000W to 5107N 5741W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5732W. Sea ice east
and north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:04 PM EDT 13 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4725N 5245W to 4730N 5030W to 5120N 4835W to 5500N 5100W to 6030N
5830W to 6120N 5310W to 5825N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 Apr estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5126N 5701W to Newfoundland near 5102N 5654W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 03:00 AM NDT 14 April 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 14 April 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 995 mb located south
of Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM NDT 14 April 2021 An area of low pressure will remain nearly stationary just southwest
of the district today and then begin to drift slowly eastward on
Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds over southwestern
waters will subside somewhat today as the low weakens and moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and
south, and Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: