Issued 08:00 PM NDT 24 August 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots except northeast 25 over eastern sections this evening. Wind diminishing to light Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5015N 5635W to 5015N 5240W to 5500N 5220W to 5600N 5300W to 6140N
5940W to 6330N 5700W to 5820N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5027N 5726W to Quebec near 5109N 5838W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 24 August 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 985 mb located south of
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Sunday ridge located south of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday departing trough located southeast of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM NDT 24 August 2019 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: