Issued 03:00 AM NST 27 November 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 35 this morning then diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 30 this evening then diminishing to southwest 20 Sunday afternoon.
Showers. Fog patches forming early this morning and dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 26 November 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from Newfoundland near
5106N 5543W to 5130N 5430W to 5430N 4945W to 5600N 4945W to 5745N
5715W to 6050N 6015W to 6205N 5355W to 5910N 4710W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5128N 5651W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5639W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 03:00 AM NST 27 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 27 November 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 1000 mb located over the northern
By 10:00 a.m. NST today weakening low 1002 mb located over Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located west of Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday trough located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM NST 27 November 2021 A trough of low pressure west of the marine district will track north
across Newfoundland today. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
ahead of the trough will shift to strong to gale force south to
southwesterly behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle - western half, Gulf waters, Southwest Coast,
and South Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: