Issued 10:00 AM NDT 17 July 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon then veering to northwest 25 Thursday morning.
Showers and fog banks beginning near midnight and ending near noon Thursday. Fog banks dissipating this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 July 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5405W to 4525N 5335W to 4525N 5120W to 5230N 4935W to 5515N
5120W to 6015N 5900W to 6159N 5429W to 5830N 4729W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6030W to Newfoundland near 4858N 5827W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 17 July 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 1009 mb located east of Funk Island
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today dissipating low 1010 mb located east of
Funk Island Bank.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line north-south
over eastern Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: