Issued 03:00 AM NDT 17 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind east 10 to 15 knots increasing to east 20 this morning then veering to southeast 10 to 15 near noon Thursday. Wind diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Showers. Fog banks forming overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:45 PM EDT 16 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4956N 5531W to 5125N 5145W to 5325N 4845W to 5555N 5045W to 5700N
5330W to 5850N 5550W to 5955N 5240W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Funk Island Bank
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday dissipating ridge located over northern
Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the southern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough located from Laurentian Fan to
the Avalon Peninsula.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: