Issued 03:30 PM NDT 19 October 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots late overnight then backing to northwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers tonight and Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 19 October 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5228N 5546W to 5245N 5445W to 5430N 5230W to 5800N 5700W to
5905N 5735W to 5940N 5425W to 5810N 5355W to 5650N 5220W to 5700N
5045W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 19 October 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday weakening trough located from Gulf -
Port au Port to Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday deepening low 998 mb located over the
southwestern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday low 988 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:23 PM NDT 19 October 2021 A trough of low pressure over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland
will slowly weaken north of Newfoundland this evening. Strong to gale
force east to southeasterlies are expected north of the trough with
moderate to strong westerlies expected to its south.
A second low pressure system will develop over the Southern Grand
Banks tonight then move northeastward to lie over Funk Island Bank by
Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force southwesterlies or
northerlies will develop with the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island
Bank, Northern Grand Banks and the Southeastern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: