Issued 08:00 PM NDT 22 August 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 25 knots veering to southwest 15 to 20 this evening then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 after midnight. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5630W to 5025N 5315W to 5430N 5210W to 5700N 5400W to 6140N
5940W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5027N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 22 August 2019 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 998 mb located over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Friday dissipating low 1000 mb located over
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough from low located over the Gulf of
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Friday deepening low 1001 mb located over Belle
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: