Issued 10:00 AM NST 25 February 2024
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 30 knots diminishing to west 20 this evening and to light late overnight. Wind light Monday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray ending overnight.
Temperatures minus 5 rising to zero near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2024 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4509N 6448W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4558N 5948W to 4615N
5923W to 4647N 5935W to 4812N 6133W to 4922N 6022W to 4942N 5853W to
4816N 5942W to 4725N 5928W to Newfoundland near 4707N 5547W. Sea ice
southwest then north of the ice edge.
Open water. Consolidated grey-white ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 24 February 2024
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4645N 5305W to 4720N 4955W to 5000N 4730W to 5300N 4900W to 5530N
5140W to 5815N 5730W to 5935N 5305W to 5635N 4510W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5112N 5850W to Newfoundland near 4955N 5741W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Southwest CoastIssued 10:00 AM NST 25 February 2024
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 25 February 2024 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight intensifying trough located over Belle
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over New England.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Avalon Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM NST 25 February 2024 A trough of low pressure over Newfoundland will gradually track
northeastward and weaken today to sit over Belle Isle Bank this
evening where it will reintensify. Strong to gale force southerlies
ahead of trough will shift to strong to gale force westerlies today,
then increase to gale force southwesterlies over Belle Isle Bank this
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf waters, Southwest Coast, East Coast - north of Cape
St. Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: