Issued 03:00 AM NDT 13 June 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 25 this afternoon except southwest 10 to 15 over eastern sections. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 20 this evening and to west 10 to 15 overnight. Wind west 10 to 15 Monday.
Showers and fog patches today and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 12 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5000N 5350W to 5105N 5235W to 5435N 5200W to 5600N
5335W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5800W to 5730N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5721W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 13 June 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1007 mb located over Gulf - Port au Port.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating low 1008 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 990 mb located over the southern
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday departing low 981 mb located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM NDT 13 June 2021 A low pressure system over the Southern Grand Banks will continue to
move northeast today to lie east of the marine district tonight.
Gale to storm force east to northeasterly winds ahead of the low will
shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake before
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half and Southeastern Grand
Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for Northern Grand Banks -
northwestern half and Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: