Issued 03:00 AM NDT 27 May 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots veering to east 15 to 20 this morning then to southeast 25 this evening. Wind backing to east 30 overnight then diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Showers beginning early this morning changing to rain and fog banks this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:49 PM EDT 26 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4600N 4630W to 4730N 4525W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W to 5620N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 27 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday ridge located over the northern Grand
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1002 mb located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 999 mb located over Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM NDT 27 May 2022 A low pressure system approaching from the west on Saturday will lie
over Anticosti Island by Saturday evening. Strong to gale force
easterlies will develop over Gulf waters on Saturday ahead of the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Gulf - Port au Port.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: