Issued 03:00 AM NDT 22 September 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 15 to 20 this morning then to southwest 15 to 20 overnight. Wind veering to west 25 near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5330N 4930W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 22 September 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today approaching ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM NDT 22 September 2023 A trough of low pressure over the Grand Banks will continue to
gradually move eastward away from the marine district today. Strong
to gale force north to northwesterlies will persist over easternmost
waters today in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast, Northeast Coast, Funk Island Bank, and Northern Grand
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: