Issued 03:00 AM NST 06 December 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 25 near noon then veering to northwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 25 Thursday afternoon.
Flurries ending Thursday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 December 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4831N 6828W to 4819N 6903W
to 4824N 6911W to Quebec near 4918N 6741W. Sea ice south then
northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5002N 6644W to Anticosti
near 4934N 6344W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Anticosti near 4952N 6343W to 5002N
6322W to 4952N 6128W to 5001N 5941W to Quebec near 5125N 5737W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 5 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5240N 5548W to 5315N 5415W to 5700N 5415W to 5830N 5630W to
6050N 5630W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 6 December 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday deepening low 978 mb located southwest
of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Friday deepening low 948 mb located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday approaching low 972 mb located south
At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Northeast Gulf.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NST 6 December 2023 A low pressure system will approach the marine district from the
northeast on Thursday. At the same time, a second low pressure system
will approach the Grand Banks from the southwest and rapidly deepen
as it tracks to the east of the marine district. Strong to gale force
north to northwesterlies will develop over all waters with these two
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island Bank, and the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: