Issued 03:00 AM NDT 02 October 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 20 knots veering to northwest 15 early this morning. Wind northwest 15 tonight. Wind northwest 10 to 15 Monday.
Scattered showers ending near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5033N 5616W to 5030N 4830W to 5200N 4800W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 2 October 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the northern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located southeast of
the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the northern Maritimes.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday building ridge located on a line east-west
over southern Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: