Issued 08:00 PM NST 05 February 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots increasing to southwest 35 to 45 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 25 Monday morning. Wind diminishing to light Monday afternoon then becoming northeast 15 Monday evening.
Flurries changing to showers near midnight then to flurries Monday evening.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 2 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N
5332W to 5015N 5520W to 5325N 5207W to 5514N 5250W to 5623N 5715W to
5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 6120N 5739W to 6200N 5721W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EST 5 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4910N 4800W to 5055N 4640W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 05 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 5 February 2023 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the northern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:56 PM NST 5 February 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach from the west tonight and
sweep across the marine district on Monday. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will spread across most waters tonight ahead of the
trough. Winds will diminish to moderate to strong north to
northwesterlies on Monday in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Strait of Belle Isle.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: