Issued 08:00 PM NST 15 January 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 35 to 45 knots diminishing to north 25 Saturday afternoon.
Snow this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 15 January 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5105N 5545W to 5155N 5425W
to 5305N 5405W to 5800N 5800W then northeastward. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:36 PM EST 15 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5201N 5546W to 5145N 5400W to 5700N 5400W to 5935N 5620W to
6430N 5530W to 6000N 5100W to 5640N 4725W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South CoastIssued 8:00 PM NST 15 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 15 January 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight intensifying low 981 mb located over the
southwestern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Saturday low 979 mb located east of the Grand
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM NST 15 January 2021 An intense low pressure system over Southwestern Grand Banks will
move eastwards to lie east of the Grand Banks by Sunday morning.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to
gale to storm force northwesterlies in its wake tonight.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south, Northern Grand Banks -
western half, Southeastern Grand Banks - western half, and
Southwestern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for all
remaining waters except Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast
Coast and Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: