Issued 08:00 PM NDT 28 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 30 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight then veering to west 10 to 15 Sunday afternoon.
Rain and fog banks ending Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 May 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5150N 5608W to
Newfoundland near 5135N 5600W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5617W to
5000N 5330W to 5327N 4944W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 28 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4510N 4610W to 4645N 4445W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 28 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 999 mb located near Anticosti Island.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday low 998 mb located over the Strait of
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:56 PM NDT 28 May 2022 A low pressure system approaching from the west will track
northeastward to lie over Belle Isle Bank by Sunday evening. Strong
to gale force east to southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
before diminishing and becoming southwesterly in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Southwest Coast, South Coast, East Coast- Cape St.
Francis and south, and Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: