Issued 10:00 AM NDT 12 June 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to south 15 this afternoon then to east 15 late overnight. Wind becoming southwest 15 Sunday afternoon.
Fog patches forming Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 12 June 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5349N 5704W to 5409N
5619W to 5459N 5646W to Labrador near 5542N 6022W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5829N 6234W to 5842N
6114W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 11 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4957N 5532W to 5000N 5400W to 5115N 5230W to 5425N 5200W to 5600N
5335W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5800W to 5730N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5721W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 12 June 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over southeastern Labrador.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Sunday trough located on a line north-south over
Gulf - Port au Port.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Sunday approaching low 988 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of Belle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM NDT 12 June 2021 A developing low pressure system will approach from the southwest
tonight and cross the Southeastern Grand Banks Sunday morning.
Gale force east to northeasterly winds ahead of the low will shift to
strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks - southeastern half, Southeastern Grand Banks,
and Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southeastern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: