Issued 03:30 PM NST 03 December 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to east 15 knots late overnight and to east 25 Monday morning. Wind backing to northeast 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Snow or rain Monday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5213N 5538W to 5348N 5518W to
5559N 5947W to 6031N 6404W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 3 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5133N 5531W to 5245N 4900W to 5400N 4830W to 5830N 5630W to 6025N
5305W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5141N 5631W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5603W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 3 December 2023 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. NST today departing low 994 mb located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST today low 1004 mb located over the East Coast of
By 3:30 p.m. NST Monday trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over southwestern Newfoundland.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line east-west over
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM NST 3 December 2023 A low pressure system developing over the Eastern U.S. will elongate
into a trough that will move to lie over the Southern Grand Banks by
Monday afternoon. Strong to gale force east to northeasterly winds
will develop north of the trough while westerly gales are expected to
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: