Issued 03:30 PM NDT 27 May 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots backing to east 25 late overnight then veering to southeast 30 Saturday afternoon.
Rain and fog banks tonight and Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5150N 5608W to
Newfoundland near 5135N 5600W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5617W to
5000N 5330W to 5400N 5030W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:59 PM EDT 27 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4545N 4620W to 4710N 4510W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 27 May 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located over the East Coast of
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Saturday ridge located over the northeastern
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1002 mb located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Saturday low 999 mb located over Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM NDT 27 May 2022 A low pressure system approaching from the west on Saturday will lie
over Anticosti Island by Saturday evening. Strong to gale force east
to southeasterlies will develop on Saturday ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf - Port au Port and Northeast Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: