Issued 03:00 AM NST 05 December 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this morning except southeast 20 over eastern sections. Wind becoming northeast 15 this evening. Wind northeast 15 Tuesday.
Rain changing to periods of drizzle this morning and ending Tuesday morning. Fog patches dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5227N 5538W to 5330N 5538W to
5437N 5709W to 5602N 6013W to 6000N 6328W to 6022N 6229W then
northeastward. Sea ice west then north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 4 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5149N 5612W to 5130N 5500W to 5130N 5315W to 5230N 5245W to
5400N 5315W to 5815N 5545W to 6000N 5310W to 5745N 4700W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 5 December 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located over central Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight dissipating trough located over the
At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over the northern Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight dissipating ridge located over the northern
At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over New Brunswick.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:51 AM NST 5 December 2022 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: