Issued 08:00 PM NDT 06 October 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind east 10 to 15 knots backing to northeast 15 to 20 late this evening then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to light Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain overnight and Friday morning. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4952N 5540W to 5000N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 5845N 5545W to 6035N
5145W to 5840N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 6 October 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: