Issued 08:00 PM NDT 06 July 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 late overnight then veering to southwest 20 Thursday morning. Wind veering to west 25 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of rain tonight and Thursday. Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Thursday morning. Fog patches forming this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 July 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5743N 6141W to 5800N 6037W
then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 July 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4729N 5246W to 4845N 5110W to 5300N 4830W to 5655N 5015W to 5750N
4640W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5834W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 6 July 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1000 mb located over Prince Edward
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Thursday low 999 mb located northeast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM NDT 6 July 2022 A low pressure system over Nova Scotia will continue to track
northeastward to lie over Eastern Newfoundland by Thursday afternoon.
Strong to gale force south to southwesterly winds will develop over
southern waters ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: