Issued 08:00 PM NDT 29 March 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4630N 4700W
to 4800N 4645W to 4945N 4945W to 5300N 5030W to 5545N 5300W to 5645N
5645W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4505N 4700W to 4610N 4500W to 4800N 4415W to 4920N
4420W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to 5800N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6041W to Newfoundland near 4844N 5836W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south over
the southeastern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM NDT 30 March 2020 A trough of low pressure over the Grand Banks will move slowly
westward to lie northeast to southwest over Newfoundland Tuesday
evening. Strong to gale force northerlies are forecast just west of
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port, East Coast
- Cape St Francis and south, Northeast Coast - north of cape St.
John and the Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: