Issued 08:00 PM NST 06 December 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots veering to north 15 to 20 late overnight then backing to northwest 25 near noon Thursday.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 December 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5213N 5538W to 5348N 5518W to
5559N 5947W to 6031N 6404W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 6 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5240N 5548W to 5315N 5415W to 5700N 5415W to 5830N 5630W to
6050N 5630W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 6 December 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday deepening low 980 mb located southwest
of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Friday low 948 mb located east of Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday approaching low 972 mb located south
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Thursday dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM NST 6 December 2023 A low pressure system will approach the marine district from the
northeast on Thursday. At the same time, a second low pressure system
will approach the Grand Banks from the southwest and rapidly deepen
as it tracks to the east of the marine district. Strong to gale force
north to northwesterlies will develop over all waters with these two
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island Bank, and the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: