Issued 08:00 PM NDT 06 May 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots increasing to east 25 late overnight then diminishing to east 15 to 20 near noon Friday.
Rain ending Friday afternoon. Fog patches forming Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 May 2021 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5320N 5549W to 5423N 5335W to
5524N 5346W to 5604N 5642W to 5801N 5954W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4929N 5510W to 5300N 4935W to 5500N 5020W to 5525N 5040W then
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 May estimated from Quebec near
5051N 5912W to Newfoundland near 5010N 5731W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 6 May 2021 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 999 mb located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 999 mb located near Cape Breton Island.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday low 1011 mb located over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the eastern Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday dissipating ridge located over the eastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: