Issued 08:00 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots increasing to east 30 late overnight then diminishing to southeast 20 Tuesday afternoon. Wind veering to south 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers beginning overnight changing to rain Tuesday morning. Fog patches.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 Tuesday morning.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind light.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5728W to
Newfoundland near 5102N 5706W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5510W to
5251N 5400W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 5 June 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located south of Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough located south of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:56 PM NDT 5 June 2023 A trough of low pressure south of Nova Scotia will track northward to
lie south of Newfoundland by Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale force
east to northeasterlies will develop ahead of the trough on Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half, Gulf - Port au Port -
northwestern half, and Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: