Issued 08:00 PM NST 17 November 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this evening and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to east 15 Monday afternoon and to east 25 Monday evening.
Rain Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 November 2019 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5410N 5740W to Labrador
near 5420N 5740W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5455N 5805W to 5615N
6035W to 5750N 6125W to 6020N 6415W to Labrador near 6025N 6425W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 November 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5545W to 5100N 5200W to 5045N 4700W to 5200N 4615W to
5530N 5400W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4800W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 17 November 2019 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight low 963 mb located south of Greenland.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Monday departing low 967 mb located southeast
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Northeast Coast of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM NST 17 November 2019 An intense low pressure system south of Greenland will slowly
continue eastward tonight. Gale to storm force northwesterlies
associated with the low will continue to diminish tonight into Monday
as the low tracks away.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank. Gale warnings are in effect for East Coast - north
of Cape St. Francis, Northeast Coast, Funk Island Bank, and Northern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: