Issued 03:00 AM NST 24 January 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 20 this afternoon then diminishing to light this evening. Wind light Saturday.
Flurries ending this morning.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 6 to minus 2 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5125N 5240W to 5505N 5245W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 24 January 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NST today weakening ridge located over the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located south of Sable Island.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:59 AM NST 24 January 2020 A trough of low pressure over Belle Isle Bank will move southeast
across the district today. Strong southwesterlies ahead of the trough
will increase to strong to gale force northwesterlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, East Coast - north of
Cape St. Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: