Issued 08:00 PM NST 23 January 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 20 knots backing to southwest 25 late overnight then diminishing to northwest 15 Friday afternoon. Wind veering to north 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Flurries overnight and Friday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5125N 5240W to 5505N 5245W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 23 January 2020 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing low 991 mb located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. NST Friday departing trough located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Friday weakening ridge located over the Grand
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:41 PM NST 23 January 2020 A low pressure system just east of the Grand Banks will depart east
of the district this evening. Gale force northwesterlies will
diminish as the system moves away.
A trough of low pressure approaching from the northwest will cross
the district on Friday. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will
develop behind the trough.
Marine interests are gale warnings are in effect for Belle Isle Bank,
Funk Island Bank, Northern Grand Banks, and the Southeastern Grand
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, Belle
Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: