Issued 10:00 AM NST 22 January 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 25 knots and locally gusts to 35 along the coast late this morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to northwest 20 late overnight. Wind backing to west 25 Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5105N 5545W to 5130N 5430W
to 5220N 5340W to 5500N 5445W to 5800N 5800W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:15 PM EST 21 January 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5049N 5604W to 5105N 5345W to 5700N 5330W to 5935N 5620W to 6430N
5530W to 6000N 5100W to 5640N 4725W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5649W to Newfoundland near 5120N 5637W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 22 January 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 984 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Saturday low 986 mb located over the Strait of
At 10:00 a.m. NST today deepening low 997 mb located south of
By 10:00 a.m. NST Saturday deepening low 983 mb located over the
northern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM NST 22 January 2021 A low pressure system over funk island back will move northwestward
to lie over Southern Belle Isle Bank overnight then over the Quebec
Lower North Shore on Saturday. Gale force east to northeasterly winds
ahead of the low will shift to gale to storm force west to
northwesterlies in its wake. Winds will gradually diminish over
southern waters behind the low today.
A second low developing south of Nova Scotia this morning will cross
the Southern Grand Banks overnight then move to lie over Funk Island
Bank Saturday evening. Strong to gale force southeasterly to
northeasterly winds will develop over southern and eastern most
waters ahead of the low then shift to strong to gale force westerlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Northern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for Strait of Belle
Isle, East Coast, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, Funk Island Bank
and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: